The Green Sun Association and the Sports Office from Kézdivásárhely organizes a bicycle parade again on the 23th of September, to join in the European Mobility Week. This year, one of the goals of the campaign is to influence long-term the mobility of the town, and help to raise the health conditions and quality of life of the european citizens. Meeting point for the event is on the square in front of the Sports Center, at 17 o'clock. Who register in the beginning of the event, can win presents. Main aim of the European Mobility week is to raise awareness of the local citizens and leaders of the town to the possible environmental/ health/ accident-risky problems in the town caused by cars, and to incite locals to choose a responsible way of transportation.
Please, during the parade, pay attention to these suggestions, requests:
- Avoid risking yourself and others with high speed (average speed will be 10-12 km/h), following too close the others, or doing tricks.
- Always stay in the right-side lane of the road.
- Don't go onto the pavement, or grass; it's illegal in everyday life anyways.
- If you need to stop, do it on the side of the road. You can quit anytime.
- At pedestrian-crossings pay attention to people trying to walk through.
- Always follow the instructions and requests of the police and the organizers. Please, don't overtake the first organizer person on the front, and don't stay behind the last one.
- Don't insult or molest people passing by with car or on foot! Please, if you see someone doing it, stop them, we are to promote biking, to to gain enemies.
- Before the parade, don't drink alcohol. It is against the law in general as well.
- Remember the traffic regulations after the parade, too!
We are hoping, you will join us this year as well. Invite your biker friends, share the Facebook event or this blog post.
Sponsors: The Municipality of Kézdivásárhely, the Municipality of Covasna County, Communitas Foundation, European Solidarity Corps
Mediapartners: Profi Radio, Szék-helyek, Siculus Radio, Kezdi.info, Székely Hírmondó, Polyp Tv, Háromszék