Looking for a motivated ESC volunteer to join our team in Green Sun Association.
The European Solidarity Corps is the new European Union initiative which creates opportunities for young people to volunteer in projects abroad that benefit communities and people around Europe. ESC voluntary project offers an inspiring and empowering experience for young people who want to help, learn and develop.
More information about European Solidarity Corps programme: https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity/mission_en
- Venue: Green Sun Association (Targu Secuiesc, Transylvania, Romania)
- Duration: 01.12.2019 - 29.04.2020 (5 Months)
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Candidates: 18-29 years old
- Application deadline: ongoing
- Volunteer project: Project related to sport, environment protecting, rural areas, training and partnership activities.
The tasks for volunteers will be: During the project the volunteers take part in different activities:
- promoting non-formal learning and volunteering in the community
- They also conduct activities in afterschools with kids, crafts, sports, workshops, etc
- develop new programmes together wit the local volunteers in the theme of sport
- organizing cultural events including country presentations, traditional dances and music etc
- Different articles and materiales for the web page and Facebook, create videos, dissemination activities, materials, articles, pictures, etc. .
- organizing hiking trips to the nearby mountains under the supervision of the volunteer coordinator
- Organizing cinema nights in the community and the surrounding villages.
- Realization different videos to promote Green Sun and EVS
- Seasonal activities: like Summer camps for kids in town and local area, helping in the promotion of Nemere Trail - the biggest greenway for bicycles in Covasna County
Division of the time:
- New technologies (Computers, webpage, blog, articles, photos) (20 % of the time)
- Sport (bike events, ping-pong, athletics, board games, etc. ) (25% of the time)
- Collaboration in the school – After school activities (25% of the time)
- Workshops (10% of the time)
- Youth activities (10 % of the time)
- Video (Editing and creating different videos) (5% of the time)
- Other 5%
For us this project and volunteers will be a good supply of creativity, new activities for the organization, cooperation, inspiring, enriching existing activities, contribution to the partner organizations, provide new knowledge and tools, approaches, ideas and suggestions, visibility, impact, broadcasting and new cultures that volunteers bring to the community.
We are seeking to host a friendly, communicative, open, patient person with a can-do attitude. Interest for science is significant, but more important is the capacity to learn and willingness to get better. Volunteer should be adaptable and be able to react accordingly in fast changing situations. Creative and enterprising spirit is favoured since we expect the volunteer’s initiative to carry out personal projects. Furthermore we wish that the volunteers are as enthusiastic to share their culture with us as we are to discover it.
So, if you think you can fulfill all the requests from the call and if you think that this EVS is suitable for you, don't hesitate to send us your CV before 10 of November 2019 at our e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. It is possible we would like to speak with candidates (preferably Skype), so please put your skype in your CV. We will contact you soon AFTER the application deadline is over. All applicants will be informed about the decision. For further questions you can contact with us via e-mail.
More information about the project you can find in the attached call.